Monday, June 1, 2009

Starting over, sort of...

My wife and I have been pretty busy with other things (life in general) and have both kind of fallen off working out over the past week or so... however, we decided for me that I should sort of start over from the beginning of the workout starting Monday (which is today) and do a 6 day plan, taking the 7th day off for rest. The way I started last time was in the middle of a week, not that it mattered, but it was harder to keep track of where I was in my rotation, etc.

So I started this morning (post to come) and also tried waking up earlier (though still not early enough). I think I need to focus more on getting up by 6:30am and actually starting my workout at this time. Which really means, I will probably need to get up at 6am to wipe the grogginess off my mind and body, drink my coffee, etc, so I can actually START at 6:30am, which should mean I am done my workout by 7:30-8am and can still help out my wife with getting the kids ready for school, etc. This will mean I really need to start getting to bed earlier each night so I can wake up that early and be able to workout.

Another thing I have been trying to do is drink more water... say 100 ounces per day. So far I have missed that mark, but one day I got about 70 ounces in me. I actually felt better the next day (better than normal anyway), but the following day I stumbled a bit with remembering to drink more often.

Today I am also not off to a great start with drinking enough water... but I'll try. It's amazing how much proper hydration helps with your bodily functions like sinuses, aches and pains, joints, recovery. I've know this for YEARS, and I used to drink a lot of water... but when I get focused on work, I often forget to lift the glass.

Here's hoping I make a better go of this second round. ;-) Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment