Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 2, Cardio X (P90X Lean)

(did this workout on May 7th, 2009)
I got up and did the Cardio X workout. This was intense and raised my rate up, at times almost to my Maximum Heart Rate (MHR) of 183 (more on MHR and how I knew in another post on the Heart Rate Monitor I bought... which is awesome for the money). The one nice thing about the Cardio X workout is that, while I was tired, I didn't feel like my muscles couldn't support me. I wasn't able to completely keep up with them, but I was certainly much better with the cardio than the muscle building workout where I couldn't necessarily get to the rep count they were.

This first week is more about learning the correct form than truly applying stress to my body by adding resistence bands or weights. As Tony says in the videos, as well as any trainer should, it's better to not use weight or resistence and get perfect form and number of reps, then to try and macho up using heavier weight/resistence that forces you to use improper form just to get the rep count. He is constantly saying to change the weight or resistence if it is too much or too little. So you really need to use your own judgement on your ability and be honest with yourself.

One GREAT thing, in my opinion, about this workout program is that you are by yourself in your own home and don't have to worry about embarrassing yourself or being as good as someone else. Nobody's calling you a pussy if you have to stop using weight or resistence to get through the set.

So, anyway, Day 2 was pretty easy for me, although it certainly made me sweat my ass off. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment