Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Started... phew!

Okay... I may not have gone whole hog yet, but I had a really rough and LONG night last night, so doing anything was at least a start. I didn't get to bed until about 1:30am last night, so waking up this morning was pretty much impossible. However, I road my bike indoors for about 3 miles keeping a cadence of 72-76RPM.... to me, this felt similar to a decent jogging pace. It definitely made me sweat, but that also shows I am out of shape.

I didn't focus at all on MPH because it all depends on the gear/resistance. I feel cadence (the speed at which I am turning the pedals, NOT the back wheel) is the most important, and maintaining a consistent speed for the motion of my legs is far more important. I'm honestly not sure how long it took me to go the 3 miles... but it was enough that I simply started at all.

I plan on writing up some posts on my equipment with some pictures too. Not tonight though... I'm tired and would like to get to sleep so I can wake up at 6am and start my P90X (minimized) workout. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment