Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 3, Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X (P90X Lean)

(Did this workout on May 8th, 2009)
So you start off with working your shoulders and arms, and then after that kicks your ass, you move into the Ab Ripper X... this last one is straight from hell. ;-) I couldn't even think about doing some of the things they were doing, so I had to modify it a lot.

The shoulders and arms workout was pretty intense, but because I was using no weights or resistance it wasn't bad and I was able to keep up with reps and speed. However, because I am engaging muscles and moves that I am not used to, I DID feel some burn from them, and could feel the soreness you get from building muscle. I will DEFINITELY be adding resistance bands into this workout next time, but it was very good for me to learn the moves and make sure I had the correct form.

Ab Ripper X... what else can I say? The stuff that they are doing in this is insane. Honestly, I can barely do situps at all... so after trying to hang with them in the beginning, my wife helped me modify the moves to more basic crunches and just to make sure I am engaging my core muscles correctly.

After this workout, I was frickin' wiped. I also am realizing JUST how out of shape I am. I mean, coming up through the years, I was ALWAYS very physically fit. I was never really muscle bound, but thin and in shape, and very strong... whether I looked strong or not. I always used to surprise people at my strength... I guess because I never looked imposing. Anyway, this is letting me know that I really let my body slip, and I look forward to getting back to a point where I feel strong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment