Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I did it!! The Real Thing! (Day 1 of P90X Lean - Core Synergistics)


Okay, I actually did it this morning! It was tough getting up, but my wife was there to motivate me and I got up and actually did my first P90X workout!!

My wife and I decided that, for my first 90 day plan (I plan on continuing after 90 days), I should follow the P90X Lean program which focuses more on losing fat than really building muscle and getting ripped. Then, after that first 90 days, I could switch to the P90X Classic plan, then the P90X Doubles the following 90 (if I can handle it all). Again, I'm going at my own speed... something at all is better than nothing, and I *don't* want to hurt myself and go backwards. I know it will get easier and I'll be able to push harder down the road.

This first workout, Core Synergistics (pictured above), was really tough for me... I am just really out of shape and therefore I was breathing heavy and sweating just from the warm up! LOL... I said to my wife that was good enough for me, but I kept going and it got easier for a bit, then I started to get wiped out. I also could barely do some of the moves, mainly due to lack of mobility and muscle flexibility... this too will get better, I assume rather quickly. A couple months ago I decided I needed to start stretching because my muscles were so tight and in two days I was able to stretch MUCH further. I plan on stretching out tonight before going to bed, hopefully that will help too.

Another thing, my body seemed like it was in shock after the workout... especially my neck. Over the course of the day the pain in my neck has eased. I think my body was just like "WTF are you doing to me?!?" :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment