Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 5, Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X (P90X Lean)

All I can say is "ouch". My legs were pretty much at the point of failure after this workout, and I wasn't even close to doing what they were doing in the video.

The wall squats had to be the worse... but in the video, on their second set, they actually were doing alternating one legged wall squats by lifting their other leg straight out in the air... yikes. I didn't even bother trying because I was having great difficulty just doing the two legged wall squat.

For the back exercises, there were a bunch of pull-ups. I'm still not at a point where I can do much more than 1-3 pull-ups or chin-ups. So, in order to get more reps, I used my legs as an assist.

Once that workout was over, I could barely stand, plus it is about 1 hour long. They want you to do the Ab Ripper X after this, which is about 30 minutes all itself. I had to get to work by this time, so I figured I would do them later in the day. Well, I forgot I had to take my son to soccer practice RIGHT at the end of work, so that kind of ruined that. I suppose I could have committed to doing them after I got back... but I just wanted to eat dinner and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment