Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 4, Yoga X (P90X Lean)

(Did this workout on May 12th, 2009)

So, I tried to perform the Yoga X on Staurday, May 9th, but I realized that Yoga X is WAAAAAYYY over my head and too advanced. I really know nothing of Yoga poses, so I wasn't doing anything right to start with, and my body is just not ready to do most, if not all, of the poses. Fortunately my wife had purchased a "Yoga for Beginners" DVD several weeks ago, so I went to watch that and it kept freezing before it even got started... and I mean FREEZING. To the point that we had to unplug the DVD player from power to get it to free up. Power button wouldn't even work.

So I had to make a backup of it, but that wasn't a quick process and we had a TON of yard work and landscaping to do, what with Mother's Day on Sunday the 10th. So I consider that to be a bit of a workout. Then, on Mother's Day, I played basketball with my wife's brother for about 2 hours... not straight one on one, but PIG and HORSE... we were doing a lot of running and jumping though... my body felt it. For me, it was a workout. ;-)

Finally, yesterday I did the beginners yoga and learned the poses, how to correct mistakes and get good form. MAN, my body is SOOOO not flexible... but that will come in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment