Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 6, Kenpo X (P90X Lean)

When I got up this morning and stood up, my legs were screaming from the workout yesterday! ;-) I decided to do some stretching of my own before doing the short warm-up they do in the beginning of the video. I'm *sure* that the warm-up they do is perfectly adequate for someone who is already in shape. I'm not, and I noticed I haven't been ready yet on some of the previous days, so I decided to add in a little of my own. I'm also thinking I should really be stretching out before I go to bed, which could only help.

So, Kenpo X was pretty cool. It's like an aerobic workout that uses kicking and punching. It certainly kept my heart rate up and produced a stinky sweat! ;-)

I wasn't able to actually devote the full amount of time to the workout because I got a late start and had to get to work. This has happened on other days too, so I'm realizing I need to get up and get started earlier in the day. Some of the workouts, especially the ones with Ab Ripper X at the end, are over 1.5 hours. I'm not positive I should actually be doing the full amount of time this soon anyway, just because I'm not really ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment